If you want to help your planet, do not think that there is nothing that can be done. Everyone plays an important part in keeping the environment clean and safe. This means you can do so much and probably more than you think that you can. In fact, we are sharing with you 40 ways that you can go green. Here are the top 40 ways to go green, that anyone can use, so do not wait!
- Change your light bulbs. Changing just one of the light bulbs in your home to a fluorescent light could make a serious impact on your energy consumption. Imagine what can happen if you change them all.
- Turn your computers off at night. Even on energy saving mode you are using a lot of energy.
- Turn off lights in the home when they are not being used. This alone can cut energy costs greatly.
- Stop rinsing dishes before you put them in the dishwasher. This is a great source of water and energy waste!
- Take your own bags with you to the grocery store. You reduce the use of plastic, and we all know how dangerous plastic is to the environment.
- Hang dry your clothes rather than use the clothes dryer.
- Reduce, Reuse and Recycle. Reduce the usage of packaged food items. Reuse scrap paper. Recycle old jars.
- Fix leaky faucets. This includes the toilet and the sinks in the home. Even a small leakage can cause good amount of wastage of water.
- Check if you can sign up for green power from your utility company. Also, conduct a quick energy audit of your home and replace electrical appliances with energy efficient appliances.
- When washing clothing, make sure that you use cold water or warm water. Using hot will take the machine longer to fill while consuming more water and using more energy.
This article was originally posted on conserve-energy-future.com